Connecting to the back-end areas of OTDI Web Hosting without an OTDI-Managed Device requires especially secure & encrypted connection methods. This document is intended to help you Identify, procure, and setup those required connection methods.
At the very least, you’ll need:
- An activated Name.# Account and Password
- A Two-Factor Authentication Mechanism like Buckeye Pass (Duo)
- An OSU VPN Connection like Cisco’s AnyConnect®, with access to either the OSULan or OSUNet VPN Groups.
The OSULan VPN Group is specifically designed to allow OSU managed devices access to OSU Networks.
The OSUNet VPN Group is specifically designed to allow Non-OSU managed devices access to OSU Networks.
Then, depending on what you want to do with that connection, you might also need:
- A local FTP Installation like FileZilla
- A local SCP Installation like WinSCP
- A local TTY Terminal Installation like PuTTY