The OTDI’s web hosting services include integration with Shibboleth, snap shots of production files for emergency backups, incorporation of the University Code Repository (UCR) and other benefits. Just design a page in Drupal, WordPress, MODx or one of many other supported CMS platforms and the OTDI will handle the rest for $50 per month.
The Web Hosting service provides:
- One production site, one development site, and one test site
- Multi-site support (one site installation can support multiple URLs)
- Security compliant platform built on the university’s security standards and featuring security scans and new application firewall services;
- Integration with OSU infrastructure including preconfigured integration with Identity Management, University Code Repository or GitHub, and Shibboleth to allow authentication using Ohio State Username and password
- osu.edu certificates and SSL support (https) is preconfigured with all sites
- Apache, PHP and MySQL Database support (A.K.A. “LAMP”)
- 40GB space per site (production, development and test)
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), SSH access and cron capability
- Self-service control panel for site administrators to: add/lastname.# entries that have FTP access, view site settings and site information (e.g. URL, administrators, FTP-ers, Notify-Email list)
- Backups include data copied to tertiary data center at Wright State, located 90 miles from Ohio State’s main campus
- Unlimited page views, bandwidth and lastname.#-based FTP accounts
Need More Information?
Is OSU Web Hosting right for you? Check your eligibility.
More questions? Check the support section or contact us.
Ready to get started? Request hosting now!
Link to this post!