The OTDI’s web hosting services include integration with Shibboleth, snap shots of production files for emergency backups, incorporation of the University Code Repository (UCR) and other benefits. Just design a page in Drupal, WordPress, MODx or one of many other supported CMS platforms and the OTDI will handle the rest for $50 per month.
The Web Hosting service provides:
- One production site, one development site, and one test site
- Multi-site support (one site installation can support multiple URLs)
- Security compliant platform built on the university’s security standards and featuring security scans and new application firewall services;
- Integration with OSU infrastructure including preconfigured integration with Identity Management, University Code Repository or GitHub, and Shibboleth to allow authentication using Ohio State Username and password
- osu.edu certificates and SSL support (https) is preconfigured with all sites
- Apache, PHP and MySQL Database support (A.K.A. “LAMP”)
- 40GB space per site (production, development and test)
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), SSH access and cron capability
- Self-service control panel for site administrators to: add/lastname.# entries that have FTP access, view site settings and site information (e.g. URL, administrators, FTP-ers, Notify-Email list)
- Backups include data copied to tertiary data center at Wright State, located 90 miles from Ohio State’s main campus
- Unlimited page views, bandwidth and lastname.#-based FTP accounts
Need More Information?
Is OSU Web Hosting right for you? Check your eligibility.
Ready to get started? Request hosting now!